

For the longest time I have tried to get the boys to want to ride bikes... not interested. It didn't even help to tell them who of their friends or cousins were riding bikes without training wheels. We live on the corner of a sometimes busy intersection in our sub-division, so I don't like them riding in the street near our house, for fear of someone not stopping at the stop sign. So in a way I was helping our situation.
Derek was suppose to go camping with the young men in our church so he took the week off after the boy's birthday. So while he had time to help me teach them, that's what we did. I told them that we can not go swimming, read or watch tv (which are the things they love to do) until we attempt to ride the bikes without training wheels. Ahhhh, mom, it's too hard, I can't do it! Is all I heard for a long time, until suddenly they agreed. We took them to the green belt in our sub-division and after 10 minutes or less they both took off. They love it now. They will ask us if we can go for a family bike ride to the church and around the deserted streets beside it all the time. Lizzie has her own seat behind Daddy and we all ride around the neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment