Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Soccer


The boys are officially playing soccer! Derek is coaching them and I found out that it is never good to have dad coach your child's introduction to sports. They had so much fun and did so well during the practice at the beginning. The problem came when they had to play the actual game. They are very good at sharing and believe that everyone will share with them. Isaac had the ball at kick off and someone kicked it away from him so he fell on the ground and started to cry, because "it was my turn to score a goal." At the same time someone knocked Ethan over and he started to cry. Derek said to them I think you should sit out so that your teammates can play and they refused to leave the field, and they just lay there, because it was daddy. So I had to walk on the field drag Isaac off while holding Lizzie and Derek was dragging Ethan off. I tried to explain the game to them better, where our team always needs the ball so we can score, and we try to take it away from the other team. We are going to watch their older cousins play next week so hopefully they will understand better.

1 comment:

The Weinert's said...

That is too funny! I used to play soccer and HATED when my dad was the referee. That was always not a good idea. It was also never a good idea if he was just standing on the sideline because then he would just yell at me.